Enterprise Data Warehouse
- EDW able to integrate different types of data formats that include XML, EDI Fact and Text files.
- It is based on automatic process that extract different files from source systems and transform the data according to DW and load into Enterprise Data Warehouse without human intervention.
- Made high level information available for executive management and also details data for other staff.
- Provides historical data of more than 5 years.
- It has ability to drill up data from day to year and drill down from year to a day.
- System is designed in such way that any information can be retrieved with in less than a minute from terabytes stored data.
Enterprise Data warehouse
Enterprise Data Warehouse is a state-of-the-art solution that made high-value information available for executive management and also details data for other staff. Its extremely powerful system has the ability to drill up data from day to year and drill down from year to a day. It was designed in such a way that provided access to historical data of more than 5 years where vital information could be rooted out and retrived within less than a minute from terabytes stored data.
Few points on the objective client wanted to achieve
Main objective of Kuwait Airways’ (KAC) in modification and enhancement of KAC Enterprise Data Warehouse application (EDW) was to incorporate new business strategy to improve its core operational systems.
In a competitive airline industry, the need to change and adopt technologically superior systems is evident. As a part of its dynamic corporate approach, KAC decided to migrate from the existing legacy Mercator systems to newly developed and state of the art Altéa System from Amadeus.
Key solution elements (business functions)
The Amadeus Altéa system is a complete Passenger Service System that offers full reservation, inventory and departure control capabilities, delivering a unique, integrated solution.
DPS EDW solution is integrate this news system with KAC existing data warehouse solution and also enhanced the system by adding new data marts.
Key benefits achieved through this solution (qualitative)
After implementation of new system KAC able to get complete information of passengers, air fleet, cargo, KAC staff performance, flights delay reasons and routs decision on basis of passengers’ nationalities.
Any KPIs / measures that could quantify the benefits (quantitative)
No quantitative benefit information shared by client, but they have achieved hidden patterns of customer reservation, booking and travelling.
They have now more detailed delayed reasons of flights and improve week areas, saving revenue and cost. KAC EDW support KAC management in making decision of flight routes.